Shiver by Maggie StiefvaterMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
Sam spends the cold winter months as a wolf--his only real link to humanity during these times is the girl that he saved from the pack six winters earlier. Grace survived the attack by the wolves but she has been altered in a way that is difficult for her to put her finger on. She only knows that she is different and that she is drawn to the wolves, one yellow-eyed wolf in particular. Each year, Sam spends less and less time as a human and he knows his time as a human is coming to an end. As he and Grace finally connect, he must fight the fast-approaching cold and the change that may be his last.
Beautifully written, well-crafted story. Book 2, Linger is expected later this year.
View all my reviews >>
























1 comment:
Sounds very cool. I hope my library has it. Hey, I love your new blog background! I've gotta get stylin' like my SIL's. All the cute Easter/spring dresses are killing me this year...so many cute stripes, dots, paisleys...and so many fun colors. I love all the brown patterns. Happy spring to you guys! Hey, has Sam decided what he's doing next school year? I'm out of the family news loop. Can't believe he's gonna be 18!
Post a Comment