Janan and I attended The Killers concert a while ago. We had a great time. I can recommend their album Day and Age. I know The Killers aren't for everyone, although I can't understand why (jk!). JoyLynn once told me that she likes them but she thought she might get a headache if she listened for too long. I think she is making the mistake of assuming all of their music is like "Mr. Brightside" or "Somebody Told Me." If you've thought this, I urge you to try listening to "A Dustland Fairytale," "This is the World That We Live In" or "Human," all found on my blog's playlist above. For now, enjoy "Only the Young" from Brandon Flowers' solo album (he's the lead singer of The Killers). I recommend double clicking on the video to open in a new tab and see in full view.
This summer, on our anniversary, Paul and I met up with Josh and Kelsee for lawn seating to see Kings of Leon. Paul was the lone skeptic among us, as Josh, Kelsee and I have been enjoying their Only By the Night album for some time. I had a great time at the concert and thought they sounded amazing live. I've recently acquired their new album Come Around Sundown.

I've just realized that I could go on for a while about this, so I'll save some for later. Tomorrow night, Paul and I are attending a Sara Bareilles concert in SLC. Sara is a singer/songwriter who also plays the piano/keyboard. Her most recent album is Kaleidoscope Heart. Here's a taste of Sara from her previous album Little Voice: This time, click on the icon below to expand the video to full-screen for the best experience.
























2 comments:
Thanks for the recommendations. I'll have to check these groups out for Jared and me. It's so cool that you guys actually get out and do stuff. Jared and I got tickets for one rock concert in our whole lives...the Cranberries...years ago, and the lead singer ended up getting sick so it was a no go after all. Happy Thanksgiving to y'all!
This is your second time seeing Sarah. She opened for the drunken Paolo Nutini too!
Post a Comment