Dec 11, 2007

I Was Just Kidding! Please DON'T Crash Into Me!

Last Thursday, less than a week after we got the car back from the Collision Repair Shop looking all new and shiny, this happened.



I was out on a newspaper route in the hills of Heber when a deer ran out of the fog and directly in front of me. I didn't have time to react. Confession: I may have screamed just a little. The car collided with the deer head on and then it flipped over the hood of the car and off to the right. I continued down to a side street and stopped under a street light. Luckily the only damage was to the cover of the brand new headlight that had been completely busted by our last deer encounter. Bound to happen, since I see dozens and dozens of deer every morning all over Heber City and Midway. White jack rabbits too. And the occasional fox or skunk.

Then on Saturday, just two days later, I was still delivering papers on a brutal morning at 7:50am. I was so glad to finally see some snow plows at work since I had just spent several minutes trying to get out of someone's driveway. I turned onto a street behind a snow plow. The snow plow stopped a ways past the house I was heading to. I stopped a two or three car lengths behind it and threw the paper. The plow began to back up and I laid on the horn while frantically trying to shift into reverse. He apparently heard my horn but didn't stop in time--could have been all the snow and ice! Here is the result. Keep in mind that we just replaced this bumper!




I am getting quite the reputation at the newspaper depot. Really, folks, I am not a bad driver! No more demolition derby comments!

3 comments:

~ One Girl ~ said...

Julie...I think you need a Hummer. I'm starting to worry about you.

Elena said...

OH MY GOSH. I am speechless.

Paige said...

I am so sorry about your car!! I love hearing from you! The other day I read your reminiscing about the road show! I do remember your hula dancing. I laughed thinking about the big show. FUN old times! Hope you had a nice Christmas. I wanted to send you a card, but realized I didn't have your address. We should get together! I have my same old phone number. Call sometime!