Feb 10, 2008

I Wanna Talk About Me, Wanna talk about I, Wanna Talk about Number One, Oh My Me My

This is in response to Jamie's tag. Go check it out if you haven't for lots of good insight into the mysterious girl we call Jamie.

A. The rules are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player answers about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player tags 5 people, posts their names, and goes to their blogs letting them know they've been tagged.

5 Things I Was Doing 10 Years Ago

1. Being six months pregnant with Ryan, my 3rd child.
2. Sharing a big rental house with Janan, Mike and Avie. It was short but very sweet and lots of fun. I still miss those days sometimes! (I guess I'm one of those Janan couldn't wait to get away from! Just kidding, Janan, I get it! See Janan's post.)
3. Mothering Sam, almost 6, and Alex, almost 4. This was very time consuming!
4. Babysitting a friend's cute Asian baby while her shift as a nurse overlapped with her husband's. Did I mention she was cute?
5. Spending a lot of time with Janan since we lived in the same house. Jamie was too busy with her boyfriend!

5 Things on My To-Do List Today

1. Take care of Brynna--who just broke out with chickenpox.
2. Take care of Paul who hurt his back again (finally recovering from last week's back injury!)
3. Plan primary music for the next couple of weeks.
4. Play a board game with my kids.
5. Read in bed.

5 Snacks I Enjoy

1. Almonds, pecans, and--gasp!--walnuts. Plain and unroasted is fine.
2. Sweet and Salty Granola Bars
3. Apples
4. Ice cream--esp Dreyer's Slow Churned Rocky Road
5. Dry cereal like Wheat Chex or Cheerios

5 Things I'd Do If I Were a Billionaire

1. Both Paul and I would quit our jobs. (Paul would probably start a private practice where he could help lower-income families.)
2. Pay off everything, especially the house and probably buy a little bigger house, although I don't need a mansion.
3. Start a charitable organization to fund good causes.
4. Travel!
5. Share the wealth with my family.

3 Bad Habits

1. Spending too much time surfing the web some days!
2. Procrastinating things I don't really want to do.
3. Forgetting to fill the gas tank.

5 Jobs I've Had

1. Macey's Fish and Meat Counter
2. Wilkinson Cafeteria at BYU
3. Medical Transcriptionist
4. Pampered Chef Consultant
5. Smith's Deli

5 Things People Probably Don't Know About Me

1. I've always been uncomfortable in large groups, especially with new people. However, the older I get the less insecure I am.
2. I left my 3 kids with their Dad and Grandma for 10 days while I went to Paris and Amsterdam with my friend.
3. I like the air to be cold and moving when I sleep. I always sleep with a fan on high, even in winter, although I don't have it blow directly on me.
4. I still watch Days of Our Lives sometimes! It's easy to catch up since they repeat every conversation about 50 times and heavily use the flashback.
5. I've been forced to breathe through my mouth quite a bit for all my life. I probably need surgery!

I'm tagging - Anyone who hasn't done it yet!

6 comments:

~ One Girl ~ said...

You are an interesting & amazing person Julie!!
Sorry you are still dealing with the POX! EEk.

Anne Marie said...

Thanks for letting me get to know you a little more! So sorry about the chickenpox. Sounds like a rough winter for you guys. When did you go to Paris and Amsterdam? Cool.

Janan said...

JULIE, YOU ARE AWESOME. WHY DID YOU NOT REVEAL THAT YOU SOMETIMES CRY WATCHING DAYS OF OUR LIVES. YOU'VE CHEATED EVERYONE!

Jules said...

I couldn't reveal ALL my secrets here. I've saved some for further tags and posts. That juicy bit was shared in my comment on your blog, I think!

Jessica said...

Love it! I do remember you guys watching Soaps growing up. Didn't know you were still fans.

Those were great answers... I learned a lot of new things.

Paul Flack said...

I just wanted you to know that I got the reference to the Toby Keith song. These non-country types just don't get you like I do, babe.