1. I don't really know what to do with facebook. I'm much more comfortable blogging.
2. I read. A lot. Because I stay up all night 4 nights a week at work and have a lot of free time I often read a book every night or two.
3. I love to get book recommendations. Got some favorites?
4. I like being told how young I look, although I don't actually believe it. 5. I took piano lessons for 7 years and was pretty competent. After more than 10 years without a piano, I became incredibly rusty. Thanks to my mom-in-law I've had a piano for several years now but I still haven't gotten back what I lost.
6. I love to sing and I'm told I'm pretty good at it. But I've always wanted to take voice lessons from a really good teacher. And maybe sing in the MoTab Choir someday.
7. I am not a pet person. I tried having a cat for awhile, but I didn't take to it. I like visiting other people with pets occasionally, but I will never have a pet of my own. (Even fish were a pain!)
8. I want to finish my bachelor's degree (I'm so close!) and then maybe get a master's degree.
9. When I met Paul (from Nebraska), I'd never been outside of the western U.S. Now I've been to Washington D.C. and about 9 years ago I went to Paris and Amsterdam. I dream of traveling extensively with my husband in a few years.
10. My favorite beverage is ice cold water. So refreshing.
11. I am Twilight obsessed. In a good way--I have a lot of fun with it.
12. I make sure to regularly get time to have fun. Date nights with Paul are more rare than i'd like but I often spend the day or evening with a sister or my best friend Pam.
13. I have had an awesome best friend for 20 years now. Pam and I went to the same high school our senior year but didn't get to know each other and become friends until freshman year at university. We have spent years at a time living apart but have always managed to stay in touch.
14. I graduated from high school 20 years ago this year. I do not plan to attend my reunion. I only went to Orem High one year and probably won't really remember anyone. (If you are reading this and are in my graduating class and think I should attend, let me know!)
15. I got married a couple of months before I turned 20 and I think I was pretty mature and prepared to be a wife and mother. But when I hear about other young couples I am always slightly shocked.
16. I love to listen to music and to stay current. I DVR VH1's Top 20 Countdown and am always listening for something new. I like all kinds of music but I probably prefer what is classified as adult alternative.
17. I have 4 sisters and 3 brothers. I am the second oldest.
18. I took ballet and jazz dance lessons for several years (8-14 yrs old maybe). I once dreamed of being a choreographer and used to shock my mom by dancing like the Solid Gold Dancers. (Remember that show!)
19. I am a terrible actress and am never comfortable in that kind of role. I enjoyed being a cast member in a few musicals in jr high and high school though!
20. I am jealous of people who can go running. I started to have problems when I was about 17 because of shin splints. Many years later and in pain way past simple shin splints, I was told that the way my legs and feet are constructed, this will always be a problem. I can only walk pain free if I wear really good shoes, walk on very flat comfortable surfaces, and walk very sedately and not very far. Major bummer.
21. I almost never wear heels (see #20 above).
22. I used to really like roller coasters. (It's been a few years!)
23. I really don't like long car trips with the family. Sorry, kids, I like you better in bigger spaces and smaller doses.
24. I liketo laugh and enjoy people with a quick and quirky sense of humor. My husband's irreverent humor is one of the things that initially attracted me.
25. I don't like forwarded inspirational emails. But if you forget and send one to me, I won't be offended. Just don't be offended when I delete and don't reply.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
-
This Saturday is a brand new episode of “Home Sweet Home” on Food Network.
My kids are helping me shoot it, my production company in the UK is editing
it t...
6 years ago
























6 comments:
Sorry about deleting my previous comment. I realized there was some info I put in there that I'd rather not be in the public blog-o-sphere. Anyway, it was great to read about, Julie. Wish we lived closer to you guys. Seems like we've always moved at the same time in the opposite directions. I'm so with you on the long car trips. I do hope you sing in the MoTab choir one day. I have to agree with you on 19-year-olds getting married. I got married at 19 also, and it sounds so frightfully young when I hear of anyone else doing the same. Sending you our love.
Mmmmm. I can't wait until you travel extensively with your husband. Make it happen babe.
Ahhh, Jules! I always knew you were cool, but I could never put my finger on it...until now! You rule!
Love it all. Ice water, we are soul mates. Ditto with the young marriage thing. And kids and car travel. Michael thinks they are fun cause he just drives, while I feed, dicipline (sp?), entertain, and cleanup after the kids.
Bummer about your running! I love all these interesting facts.
Post a Comment