May 13 (Oops, Ryan!)
Ryan reaches a full decade! Happy Birthday to the middle man.
June 5
Brynna turns 3. (Almost 2 months later, she is almost fully potty-trained. Hurray!)
June 25
Sam turns 16. Goes on first double date. He does not kiss... and tell anyway! (Sorry, Sam!)
July 10-12
Paul and I celebrated our 17th anniversary a little early (Jul 19) with a getaway weekend by traveling all of 15 minutes to Park City (so we could still head down to Heber to do our paper routes every morning). This included two night stay in a great hotel and three full days just being us. It wasn't as hard as we anticipated to set aside our parent hats and just be a couple. Awesome!
July 14
Callen had surgery to repair an inguinal hernia. Poor little guy! He was a real trooper through it all. Things went well and he has a neat little scar to remember it by.
July 31
Paul's last day at Oakley School. He now gets to try and get a private practice going in Heber. In the meantime, he sees clients at least three days a week at the Sandy Counseling Center as an associate(?). Here's to hoping we still make our mortgage payments!
Aug 2
I read Breaking Dawn all day. Yay, Stephenie Meyer for making sure most the loose ends are nicely tied.
Sorry I haven't been on here basically all summer. I've been managing children, digging out of the disaster that is my house with five kids home ALL day, and trying to catch up on sleep. Oh yeah, and occasionally see my husband!
Love to all!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
-
This Saturday is a brand new episode of “Home Sweet Home” on Food Network.
My kids are helping me shoot it, my production company in the UK is editing
it t...
6 years ago
























9 comments:
Busy, busy summer! Happy Birthday to Ryan, Sam, and Brynna (sorry the wishes are late)! Way to go, Brynna, on the potty-training! Wish my twins were seeming ready. Good luck to Paul. Hope everything goes great with setting up your own practice. Happy Anniversary to you guys. Glad you got some time alone.
Breaking Dawn is AMAZING!! and you're right-- The Host isnt the Twilight Saga retold with Aliens. I got the host to read when my niece was born and finally just finished it--so much for actually having time to sit down and read a book!! Anyway, they are amazing!!! I can see why you like them so much! i LOVE them!
Welcome back :). Congrats to you on a child's first date and your 'baby' getting potty trained. I'm looking forward (not too far) for both of those milestones! I finished BD, too - loved it!
i'm just browsing blogs. LOVE your music, as usual. glad you've been so busy, i'm convinced its far better to be busy than bored, as long as we occasionally look back and review what we've been up to. that's funny about the lock you put on the pantry.
So glad you left your insights about BD on my blog. Enjoyed reading your perspective. I do think that New Moon from Edward's POV would be fascinating...hey, we can dream that maybe she'll break down and write it. Seeing things only from Bella's perspective was so heartbreaking during New Moon. Hope you have a great rest of the summer.
You know I check your site often and I was wondering when you were going to post your Breaking Dawn post! :)
I loved it too and my girlfriend who was all into it thru most of the book read ahead and decided to not finish it! But I thought it was worth it. :) I keep telling her, but she never listens! :) Now I'm reading The Host. I'm trying to get past the first 150 pages, as you suggested. :)
Glad to see you're still alive and surviving lots of birthdays! :)
Fun to see all the updates in the Flack house! You have been keeping busy.
Looks like I need to get reading...I've only finished Twlight!
Your little get away sounds great! I completely relate with the digging out and all the kids home. But I'm sure it had it's great moments. Good to here about you and your family. Wish Paul the best for me with his new practice!
Post a Comment