Janan and Pam feed Paul. This is Paul not Paolo, by the way.
We started our evening off at P.F. Changs. Kung Pao Chicken, Mongolian Beef, Orange Peel Chicken, and Vegetable Lo Mein were on the menu, after our appetizers of Vegetable Dumplings and Lettuce Wraps. A Great Wall of Chocolate finished our meal off nicely. We all ate too much, of course.
Pam was working it with the smokin' hot shoes.
Janan was ready to dress to impress with her newly purchased Paolo Nutini tee.
We had great seats in the small "historic" Avalon Theatre.
Old Man Pablo was ready to protect himself from "too loud" music with earplugs.
Janan waits at the fence by the bus in hopes Paolo will come out to sign her tee-shirt and Pam's CD. She gave up before he ever appeared.
We heard two great performers before Paolo came on stage. The first was Serena Ryder, whose 5-track CD we bought and she signed. She was pitch perfect, totally original, entirely acoustic and we all loved her. Next was Sarah Bareilles who played the keyboard with her band. She was great too. You may have heard her "I'm Not Gonna Write You a Love Song" single on the radio. Janan, who had more money with her than the rest of us, bought that CD too. Finally, enter Paolo Nutini. His band was amazing and he rocked the house. My only wish was for better sound. It was hard to hear him over the band (same issue with Sarah), and when he spoke the accent combined with mumbling and the sound issues made it really hard to understand. Paolo played a wide range of music including hits from his album and some that were new to me. I especially enjoyed what I'm calling "Don't Judge a Book By It's Cover." All said and done, it was totally worth the 26 bucks!
























9 comments:
I've never heard of him. But it looks like you guys had a ton of fun!!!
Tell Paul I took earplugs to Ricky Martin....so maybe he's not that old. (Of course, I don't think I actually used them....)
Looks like lots of fun! It was good to see a picture of your dear friend, Pam. I've never met her. The food sounds delish!
It was awesome, thanks for the good times. Check out my footage!
Sounds like fun! Awesome!
Sounds like a lot of fun! I love nights out like that!!!!
That sounds like such a good time - I'm jealous. Let's get together for another late night girls night soon.
It looks like you guys had so much fun and you're right, those shoes are hot!
I tried to alternate ears to equalize the damage. Honestly, I have already found that I have a hard time filtering out background noise when trying to hear things, so I better protect what's left of my hearing! I wasn't even a big rocker as a kid!
It's so fun to see what your up to. Wow out hitting the concert scene! Looks like a great time.
Post a Comment