I know, I know. I am behind the times. But eventually I catch up. Recently I have come to appreciate my DVR and the Ipod.
I love having a DVR--being able to pause live TV to answer the phone or help the kids is awesome. Surprisingly, I feel like less of a slave to television. Really want to see the end of this show but need to clean the house or run errands? Just press record and the rest of the show is saved for me. Want to catch all the new episodes of a favorite show but don't want to have to remember what night and time it is on and plan to be there only to discover that it is a rerun? Easily set a timer to record all new episodes. Then watch at your convenience. With a DVR, I sit down and watch what I most want to watch when I have time instead of channel surfing and wasting my time watching whatever happens to be on. I love it!
Some of what is on my DVR right now:
Men in Trees (finally a new episode)
Bones (I love the characters on this show!)
Lost
Divine Design
I gave Paul an Ipod for his birthday and he--so kindly--is sharing it with me. This morning on my routes, I listened to some of my favorite songs that I haven't heard in so long because I haven't felt like listening to a particular CD in quite a while. There are very few CDs that I can stand listening to in their entirety. I tend to get bored after a while. So listening to the best of the best, shuffled on the Ipod was so great. I stayed entertained as artists and styles were varied. I've hated lugging around a huge CD album or ending up with broken jewel cases and scratched CDs as they bounce around in the car. Very, very cool!
On the Ipod:
Plane by Jason Mraz
Yellow by Coldplay
Runaway by The Corrs
If Walls Could Talk by Celine Dion
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
-
This Saturday is a brand new episode of “Home Sweet Home” on Food Network.
My kids are helping me shoot it, my production company in the UK is editing
it t...
6 years ago
























4 comments:
I too LOVE my ipod and DVR. DVR is the only way to watch TV now. It's brilliant! On my ipod is: Jack Johnson, Colbie Caillat, Sara Bareilles, Andrea Bocelli, Nora Jones & Sheryl Crow! Glad your ipod makes your work morning better!
I love my DVR as well -- I remember when we first got it, there was always about 60-70% available space, now I panic and start cleaning it up when it gets to 4-7% available. My favorite part is when I have a few minutes to sit down, instead of watching junky TV, I can put on a show I really like in half the time. It's awesome!
It has been fun to read your blog and see what you have been up to. Even though we live so close, I still don't see you. Email me at youngka@uvsc.edu so I can invite you to view my blog!
An ipod, that is very much on my wish list. Glad you get to use it on your routes. You deserve it.
Post a Comment