Aug 22, 2007

Catering to the Bride



On Aug 11 (Happy Birthday, Dad!), I spent the entire day and night helping my friend Pam with her brother's wedding reception. They served mini strawberry shortcakes, peach starburst pies(?), mini chocolate orange cake with ganache, eclairs, mini carrot cakes, and a variety of cookies. This reminded me of Jamie's reception where we served a variety of delicious and dazzling desserts. I had a great time "catering." I think I would enjoy having a catering business with someone else (like my best friend Pam, for instance). Sorry about the poor quality pictures. In my defense it was very dark outside at this point. My talented friend Pam made this funky and graphic fondant wedding cake to the bride's specifications. And I helped! (Said with a little-girl southern accent like in the old Shake'n Bake commercials.)

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Sounds like fun...and the cake looks gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Cute cake - YUM I want some.

Anne Marie said...

The desserts sound delish! That cake looks so professional. Maybe that catering business will happen one day.