Aug 7, 2007

Eclipse


Last night, Janan called and invited me come to an Eclipse party at Borders with her and Jamie. So of course I jumped at the chance to go out with the girls. My best friend, Pam, came along too.
For the unitiated, Eclipse is the third in a vampire romance series by Stephenie Meyer following Twilight and New Moon. I know, sounds kooky. All I can say is read them for yourself. I read Twilight in one night and spent the next day thinking about it and just smiling at odd moments (chalk some of that up to no sleep!). Eclipse was released today and a fourth book is in the works.

Anyway, we voted on who should be cast for the various characters in the upcoming movie, we watched I love Jacob vs. I love Edward trivia challenge, and we voted for character lookalikes from various enthusiastic fans some of whom "dressed up." I had a lot of fun! If you are looking for a good summer read try this series. Let me know what you think about it if you do!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOunds good - I'll have to check out the books!

Tracy said...

I'll have to swing by Barnes & Noble and check it out!

Janan said...

More info to come on my blog, when I've finished reading, for now don't bug me...

Emily said...

I can't tell you how many book stores I've been to trying to locate Twilight. I told my friend about and she just "happened" to pick up a copy while she was looking for something else. She said I could borrow it when she's done but I want my own copy - I'm a little OCD that way.

Jules said...

You can buy them new or used at Amazon.com.

Jules said...

Emily, we were just at Borders on Monday and they had it too.

Jamie! said...

I had fun, too! There's something exciting about uniting together under one cause (Eclipse book release) and staying up late! I'm finished with this book, so let's talk about it!! Please someone, anyone...Jeff doesn't really want to hear what I think about it...

Paul Flack said...

Hey, don't read it and talk about it yet! We're still waiting for it to arrive from Amazon! Ok so maybe you guys are making this a girl thing, but I want to play too! It's a vampire book! That's manly, right?

Anne Marie said...

Sounds like I'll need to look into it. Thanks for the recommendation.

Paige said...

I probably wont read the book, but the night out with great sisters sounded wonderful!! How do you find time to read? Just wanted to say hi! I'm so glad that you let me know about your blog. I'm excited to be in touch again. It's been so long!! Your boys are getting big and handsome. And your sweet little girl is darling.

Jamie! said...

Paul is always welcome to join in...just as long as you don't slow us down!