
Recognize the reference? I am going back to throwing newspapers in the early AM. I need to make extra money but I hate being away from my kids after school. Maybe I'm crazy but I like the idea that my kids won't even know I was gone. Years ago, I had a couple of routes and for a while shared some with Janan and Mike. I began to supervisor routes as a district manager. When I became pregant with Ryan and started throwing up, being up at 2:30 AM did not seem doable anymore and so I resigned. For years after, just seeing bagged newspapers in driveways would make me queasy.
This week I'll be riding along for a couple days with the person whose 3 routes I'll be taking over in a month or two when she moves. Next week I'll be substituting on one of her routes while she is out of town. Hopefully, when it is my turn to take over I'll have a good idea of what I am getting myself into! She spends about 3 hours a morning delivering papers and makes almost $2000 a month. This seems totally worth it to me.
Am I insane? What have you done to make money while still being able to be home with your kids?
























5 comments:
LOL - I love that movie! That is a classic quote.
You're a brave woman to be up so early in the morning! Hope it goes well. Sounds like great pay for the time involved.
It SOUNDS worth it to me. I wish I could bring home $2k a month working 3 hours in a morning. Of course, the whole early morning thing is hard, too. Good luck! I'm excited that you will be quitting your other job, so now we can actually see you at family functions and such!
Oh, Julie, I recently found out there's someone in our ward here who knows you from high school. Mindy Morley (her maiden name) says she graduated from the same high school. She said that both of you guys were new senior year. She even showed me a picture of you, her, and another girl named Melinda (?). Small world...
Oh, yeah! I remember her. I need to look at my yearbook again... Say hi to her from me.
Post a Comment