
First of all, it is NOT Twilight retold with aliens. It is a different story--about love and relationships including but not limited to romantic ones. It is about what makes us who we are. Like the Twilight series, Stephenie draws you in and lets you feel the emotions that the characters feel. The characters are complex and not always easily likeable--although she seems to find redeeming qualities in just about everyone. The little community of human survivors is very fascinating and lots of suspense, peril, and action (including the romantic kind). The sci-fi elements are not overdone, although the first portion of the book is heavier on this but is necessary to set up the rest of the story. The first 150 pages are slower-paced but still interesting. After that, I dare you to put down the book. Tears are almost guaranteed, unless (to quote Jessica) you are dead inside. Warning: This book contains no Edward stand-in but has great characters well worth getting to know on their own merits.
Bottom line: Loved it! Don't miss it.
























4 comments:
My copy is finally going to be ready at the library this weekend. Woohoo! Thanks for your thoughts.
Julie you should be a blurb on the book writer. I agree it is not twilight, my NEW MOON comparison is purely the being depressed for an entire book similarity.
I really loved it. I loved Ian. I know he was not Edward, but I loved his purity and readiness to sacrifice. Stephenie Meyer did an amazing job creating characters you really cared about. I wanted everyone to be happy, although I will say that Jared never really did appeal to me.
I really liked your thoughts about the book. It makes me feel a little bit different about it. I mean, I really liked the book, of course. But, now I have another way of looking at it.
Post a Comment